Curtain Measuring Guide
English Trading Company offers a complete design and installation service to accompany all our soft furnishings. If, however you would prefer to supply us with your measurements in particular for curtains you may find this section helpful.
- Always take your time and measure twice just to make sure
- The most accurate tool to use is a metal tape measure
- We would recommend that your track or pole is ﬁxed in place prior to measuring
- Generally your pole or track should sit 15cm above the window and normally extend 15cm over each side
Taking your width measurements
- Always measure the track or pole and NOT the window wherever possible.
- If you are measuring a window that has not previously had curtains then please detail the length the
track or pole would need to be based on the 15cm overhang detailed above.
- Track measurement - please take the full track length.
- Pole measurement - please take the pole length in between the ﬁnials (decorative ends)
Calculating the drop of your curtains
- Track measurement - measure from the top of the track to the position you would like the curtain to ﬁnish.
- Pole measurement using the rings — measure from the bottom of the rings to the position you would like the curtain to ﬁnish.
- Pole measurement for eyelet curtains - measure from the top of the pole to the position you would like the curtain to ﬁnish.
Custom Curtain Installation & Fitting Service
Our professional installation team can fit out all your chosen curtains and window dressings leaving you with a clean and beautifully finished room.Custom Installation & Fitting